How to correctly distinguish whether the sliding bearing is damaged
When we use sliding bearings, we often find that this sliding bearing is different from the original one. Let's take a look at why this is now.
When the sliding bearing is working, the contact between the journal and the bearing pad will produce friction, resulting in surface heat, wear and even "bite". Therefore, when designing the bearing, the sliding bearing material with good friction reduction should be selected to make the bearing pad, and the appropriate lubricant And adopt appropriate supply methods to improve the structure of the bearing to obtain thick film lubrication.
1. Strain on the surface of the journal: there are iron-based cutting abrasive particles or black oxide particles in the iron spectrum, and the tempered color exists on the metal surface.
2. Bearing wear: Due to the metal characteristics of the sliding bearing shaft (high hardness, poor yield) and other reasons, it is easy to cause adhesion wear, abrasive wear, fatigue wear, fretting wear and other conditions.
3. Tile surface corrosion: Spectral analysis found that the concentration of non-ferrous metal elements is abnormal; many sub-micron wear particles of non-ferrous metal components appear in the spectrum; the moisture content of the lubricant exceeds the standard and the acid value exceeds the standard.
4. Fretting wear on the back of the tile: Spectral analysis found that the iron concentration is abnormal. There are many iron components with submicron wear particles in the iron spectrum, and the moisture and acid value of the lubricating oil are abnormal.
5. Bearing burnt pads: There are many large-size alloy abrasive grains and ferrous metal oxides in the sliding bearing iron spectrum.
6. Tile surface spalling: Many large-scale fatigue spalling alloy wear particles and layered abrasive particles are found in the iron spectrum.
7. Strain on the bearing surface: cutting abrasive particles were found in the iron spectrum, and the components of the sliding bearing abrasive particles were non-ferrous metals.
8. Corrosion of journal surface: Spectral analysis found that the concentration of iron is abnormal. There are many submicron particles of iron in the iron spectrum. The water content or acid value of the sliding bearing lubricant exceeds the standard.